Home / Projects / Architecture / Competitions / Think Ouside The Parking Box Competition
There is little room for cars in modern cities. The situation is even worse in old towns and dense urban centers. Sometimes the parking capacity of a place is not enough to accommodate a crowded event. There is room, but it is “upstairs”.
This is a proposal for a parking unit that can be easily lifted and managed as its weight is reduced by several cubic meters of helium. Some information:
- 0,163kg of helium is needed to lift 1kg of cargo /weight of gas included/
400kg of helium – to lift 2000kg – more than the weight of an average car
400kg of helium is 2,24m3 at 0C
2,5kg of helium costs approximately $3
Each unit can be fitted with autonomous hydrogen propulsion system or hooks to be lifted by elevators. Due to elliptical form it is easily arranged in different schemes.
- Elevated docking structures to accommodate great number of units near parks
- Flying parking lots to help big public event like concerts, fairs … etc. – wind, hydrogen, solar powered
- Façade structures to use buildings exterior for parking – do not ad much load to buildings
- The unit can be used as a lift, thus reducing energy consumption
- Materials – aluminum frame; plastic, carbon of cloth Shell…