There is little room for cars in modern cities. The situation is even worse in old towns and dense urban centers. Sometimes the parking capacity of a place is not enough to accommodate a crowded event. There is room, but it is “upstairs”.
This is a proposal for a parking unit that can be easily lifted and managed as its weight is reduced by several cubic meters of helium. Some information:
- 0,163kg of helium is needed to lift 1kg of cargo /weight of gas included/
400kg of helium – to lift 2000kg – more than the weight of an average car
400kg of helium is 2,24m3 at 0C
2,5kg of helium costs approximately $3
Each unit can be fitted with autonomous hydrogen propulsion system or hooks to be lifted by elevators. Due to elliptical form it is easily arranged in different schemes.
- Elevated docking structures to accommodate great number of units near parks
- Flying parking lots to help big public event like concerts, fairs … etc. – wind, hydrogen, solar powered
- Façade structures to use buildings exterior for parking – do not ad much load to buildings
- The unit can be used as a lift, thus reducing energy consumption
- Materials – aluminum frame; plastic, carbon of cloth Shell…